Princess Cruises have unveiled the most captivating zone for family activities ever to be featured on their cruise ships! Known as Park19, this extraordinary facility will make its debut aboard the new Sun Princess, the inaugural vessel of the Sphere Class set to launch in February 2024.
Situated on the upper decks of the Sun Princess, Park19 offers a remarkable array of nine interactive activities designed to delight the entire family, nestled within a specially designed space crafted for all generations.
John Padgett, President of Princess Cruises, had this to say;
Park19, as the name suggests, is a new space created for all our guests, including activities to bring together multi-generational travel families in a location with spectacular views and fun outdoor activities for all.
The new area was tailored based on guest feedback for more family and group activities spaces.
Park19 – Family Activity Zone
Spanning across decks 19, 20, and 21, Park19 was conceived with active guests and multi-generational families in mind, aiming to foster exploration and connection through inclusive and immersive experiences.
The activities offered in this expansive area include:
- Sea Breeze – Inspired by the dream of hang gliding but in a safe environment, the Sea Breeze is the first Rollglider on a cruise ship and takes guests high above to enjoy panoramic views of the ocean and breathtaking ports of call. Using an overhead track, guests are seated and harnessed to this electric ride which reaches speeds of up to 11 mph during the 60- to 90-second experience that is also ADA accessible.
- Coastal Climb – On this climbing structure guests ascend from decks 19 to 20 through a series of obstacles. Once at the top, guests can take in the gorgeous views before sliding back down to the bottom.
- The Lookout – At the top of the climbing structure, adventurers make their way to The Lookout open-air observation deck to take in stunning 360º views from the highest point available to guests onboard Sun Princess.
- The Net – Harnessed above deck 19, guests are challenged to trek across unstable bridges, a z-shaped balance beam and climb cargo nets.
- Infinite Horizon – For those who love heights, leaning tilt walls cantilevered over the side of the ship allow guests to peer out from deck 19 and look down to deck nine and beyond.
- Hammock Area – Another first for Princess, relaxing hammocks allow Park19 visitors to take a break from exploring to hang out with family and friends.
- Splash Zone – A whimsical splash area with pop jets and a beautiful water sculpture offer a refreshing and relaxing area to chill.
- Recreational Court – From ping pong, shuffleboard, Xponential Fitness classes and morning meditation, a rotation of sports and wellness options will be offered to guests in this multifunction sports court.
- Jogging Track – A refreshing open-air track allows guests to walk, jog or run at their own leisure and pace, with 6.7 times around the track equaling one mile.
New Kids Areas
Additional family-centric offerings onboard Sun Princess are found in the Youth & Teen Centres located on decks six and seven where activities and age-appropriate areas abound for all younger guests ages six months to 17 years.
These complimentary areas include:
- Firefly Park – For the youngest Princess guests, this imaginative space, located on deck six, invites youngsters ages six months to seven years old and their families to explore, play and socialise. This family centre is a place to play together or drop kids off for a programme of art projects, theme parties and group games. Firefly Park also invites families with babies and toddlers, ages six months to three years, to crawl and engage their senses with a dedicated play area. After hours group babysitting is available from 10 pm – 1 am for $5 per hour, for ages three – 12 years.
- Neon Grove (tweens) and The Underground (teens) – Located on deck seven, two separate areas offer an inviting space for tweens and teens to hang out, socialise, and have fun. Both spaces feature colourful, comfy sofas and chairs for lounging, PlayStation 5 and Nintendo Switch gaming consoles, plus air hockey, foosball, and skeeball. Programme activities for these age groups include ship scavenger hunts, movie nights, friendly competitions, and dance parties.
“These expanded offerings give younger cruisers plenty to explore and enjoy aboard Sun Princess, creating an even more family-friendly experience with something for everyone regardless of age,” Padgett added.
With the most balconies on any Princess ship, guests can take in the sunshine and crystal-clear waters of the Mediterranean or Caribbean from the comfort of their cabin. The Dome, a transformational entertainment venue inspired by the terraces of Santorini, is the perfect place to relax and the three-storey Horizons Dining Room is sure to have everyone talking.
Inaugural 2024 Sun Princess cruises to the Mediterranean, Caribbean, Transatlantic and Europe are currently on sale here.Sun Princess Cruises
Or call our cruise specialists on 02380 658 386.