Hurtigruten offer unforgettable voyages from pole to pole, on intimate ships that bring you closer to the communities and environments you visit.
With 125 years’ experience, Hurtigruten are the market leader in exploration travel and offer unique nature-based adventures to the far ends of the planet. With new ships and new destinations, they have something for everyone and their experienced and dedicated on-board expedition teams are on hand to make their trips truly remarkable.
From the magnificent Norwegian fjords to the ice-filled bays of Antarctica, Hurtigruten takes you beyond the realms of conventional cruises by offering voyages that allow travellers to immerse themselves in a vast range of nature, cultures and wildlife, whilst travelling through breath-taking natural environments. The voyages are very much destination focused with little in the way of on board entertainment, apart from educational lectures lead by the on-board expedition teams.
– Daily departures from Bergen calling at 34 charming ports
– Relaxed and informal atmosphere on board
– Expedition Teams
– Refurbished ships, plus specialist ships for children and 1960s sailings
– Norway’s Coastal Kitchen using the freshest, locally-sourced ingredients
– Wide range of up to 90 seasonal excursions, with different activity levels
– Direct flights from a choice of 9 UK airports for Northern Lights departures Oct – Mar
– Hurtigruten’s unique Northern Lights Promise for 12-day departures Oct – Mar
– Pristine and remote polar destinations in the Arctic and Antarctica
– Warm water destinations including South America and the Caribbean
– Highly-experienced Expedition Teams on board
– Landings and activities onboard and ashore
– Two new hybrid ships, MS Roald Amundsen and MS Fridtjof Nansen
– Free wind- and water-resistant jacket
– Onboard lecture programme covering a range of scientific and cultural topics
– Rare wildlife sightings in their natural habitat including whales, penguins and polar bears
– All drinks included with meals for the 2020/21 season
Here at Hurtigruten, we put great effort into enhancing our environmental initiatives and running a responsible, sustainable operation. For love of the Norwegian coast and horizons across the planet, we…
– Have removed single-use plastic, such as straws and plastic cups, from all our ships; becoming the first cruise line to do so
– Have banned the use of polluting and toxic Heavy Fuel Oil (HFO) on our ships and are campaigning for a full international ban
– Have invested in cutting-edge hybrid ships that run on clean battery power and liquefied natural gas
– Are preparing out ships to use shore-based electrical power at several points along the Norwegian coast
– Organise voluntary beach clean-ups for guests and staff, including Young Explorers aged 7 – 13 years
– Have installed new propellers on our ships to reduce emissions of CO2 by 2,300 tonnes a year
With 125 years of experience, Hurtigruten gives you the opportunity to experience not only the natural, unspoiled and endless beauty of the Norwegian coastline but also the Arctic environments, people and wildlife at the very ends of the Earth.
Thanks to the size of its ships, Hurtigruten can show you a wider range of destinations than bigger ships. This means you’ll get the chance to explore stunning fjords, visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites and enjoy wildlife and nature along more than 1,000 miles of pristine coastline in a relaxed atmosphere.
Hurtigruten are experts in every aspect of expedition travel. On our journeys along the Norwegian coast and across the world, you will benefit from the skills of a full Expedition Team, who serve as hosts, lecturers, instructors, teachers and guides. All experts in different fields, the team will enhance your trip by leading you towards a deeper understanding of the areas you are travelling to, making your adventure truly unforgettable.
Explore with the experts and you won’t be disappointed!
1893 Ambassador – our customer loyalty programme
If you have travelled with Hurtigruten on any voyage over 3 nights long, we’d like to invite you to join our 1893 Ambassador loyalty programme and be part of a community that is united by that spirit.
Your benefits as an 1893 Ambassador:
5% repeat discount on your next Hurtigruten Norwegian Coastal Voyage (over 3 nights):
Every season is a whole new experience! Be inspired about seasonal highlights ashore and onboard. Learn about the variety of our ships with their different atmosphere, style and concept emphasis.
5% repeat discount on your next Explorer Voyage
Did you know that starting as a legendary Norwegian tradition, we also sail to even more countries, continents and oceans? All voyages reflect our explorer roots. Discover the exciting offbeat destinations now. The repeat discount can be used in conjunction with normal brochure prices, early booking prices and group prices. Discounts are available on most voyages, but there may be some exceptions.
5% discount on selected excursions if booked onboard Norwegian coastal voyages
Check out the weather, recommendations and your daily mood. Be spontaneous but benefit from savings when booking out of of the special selection on board.
Welcome basket in your cabin on arrival
Some nuts or fruits or other greetings from the caféteria are just our sweet kick-off to a heartfelt “Welcome back!” We appreciate your loyalty and even more so your continual passion to discover the world and its waters.