Princess Cruises has announced their new guest speakers line-up for 2023, from various fields such as television, sports, literature, and more, in its list of special Sky Princess voyages from Southampton this year.
The UK homeport ship speaker programme, now in its sixth year, has returned due to its high popularity and is a part of Princess Cruises’ collaboration with Discovery Channel. The 2023 speaker series, called ‘Encounters with Discovery at SEA,’ is set to feature:
• Andy Reid MBE – Motivational speaker, writer and war veteran Reid is the first triple amputee to reach the top of Mount Kilimanjaro. The author of ‘Standing Tall’ and co-founder of the Standing Tall foundation, a charity that provides veterans free mental health support and counselling, his charitable work was awarded an MBE in 2019. Onboard 14-night Spain, France and Portugal cruise departing 1 April.
• Andy Wyatt – Widely known Red Arrows display pilot and Royal Air Force pilot, Wyatt’s skills in teamwork, leadership and planning make him a popular motivational speaker. Onboard 14-night Baltic Heritage cruise departing 8 July with stops in Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Germany, Denmark and Norway.
• Dame Kelly Holmes MBE – British icon and double Gold medalist at the 2004 Athens Olympics Game. Holmes is a global inspirational speaker, an award-winning author and an advocate for fitness, wellness and mental health. Onboard seven-night
Scandinavia cruise departing 22 July with stops in Denmark and Norway.
• Dwain Chambers – British track sprinter and one of the fastest European sprinters in the history of athletics, Chambers took part in the latest series of SAS: Who Dares Wins. Onboard seven-night Norwegian Fjords cruise departing 12 August.
• Grant Harrold – joining Sky Princess for the King’s Coronation, Grant is a former British Royal Household member and a leading etiquette expert, royal commentator, entertainer, and broadcaster. Onboard seven-night Spain and France cruise departing 6 May.
• Simon Weston – Former member of the Welsh Guards, known for his charity work and recovery from severe burn injuries suffered during the Falklands War. Onboard 14-night Land of the Midnight Sun cruise departing 19 August.
• Warwick Davis – famous British actor known for his roles in Ewok Wicket in Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi and Professor Flitwick in the Harry Potter films.
Nominated in 2001 for Best Actor at the Video Premier Award. Onboard 14-night Iceland and Norway cruise departing on 13 May.
Moreover, Sky Princess’ guests are in for a treat with the debut of a new Princess Cruises original production show, Spotlight Bar, which premiered on Discovery Princess in April 2022. This captivating show immerses guests in a lively bar ambiance, introducing them to local storytellers who share their life stories through music. The show features a contemporary musical playlist that evokes nostalgia and encourages dancing, engaging both bar owners and patrons alike. The creative team behind Spotlight Bar includes Karen Bruce, the Director & Choreographer who produced acclaimed West End shows like Bodyguard, Fame, and Drifters, and Morgan Large, a UK Theatre award winner and the Scenic Designer. Currently, the show is being performed in the Princess Theatre onboard Discovery Princess, Enchanted Princess, and most recently, Sky Princess.
Princess Cruises has also announced the introduction of two themed cruises as part of its entertainment programme onboard Sky Princess this summer. The Comedy Stars seven-night cruise to Scandinavia departing from Southampton on 1 July features popular comedians Ed Byrne, Julian Clary, and Paul Merton & Suzi Webster in the lineup. Additionally, the Culinary Stars seven-night cruise to Spain and France departing from Southampton on 16 September will have renowned chefs Jean-Christophe Novelli MBE, Si King, and Ainsley Harriott hosting a series of cooking demonstrations onboard.
For more details, fares and availability, please call our team of talented Cruise Experts on 02380 658 386, or search for your next Princess Cruises holiday.