length 780 m
The Olsen’s used to have a ship called Borealis in their fleet many years ago, in 1948, long before they became a cruise line.
The name ties in well with our company heritage stemming from Norway, with so many people going in search of the Northern Lights – the Aurora Borealis – with us, and celebrates the romanticism of cruising
Borealis, was previously Holland America Line’s Rotterdam. She features wide teak decks and classic lines, and evokes nautical tradition while delivering state-of-the-art amenities.
Under Fred. Olsen’s banner you can expect the ship to have exciting new features for guests, including:
– More space throughout the ships
– Original artwork and premium décor
– An all-weather swimming pool with a retractable roof
– A wide choice of restaurants, lounges and bars
– More balcony cabins and suites
– Culinary demonstration and wine tasting venues
– A classic two-tiered theatre
– Dedicated meeting spaces, perfect for groups
– Additional spa facilities including a thermal suite, hydrotherapy pool and more treatment rooms