Whether it’s your very own private balcony, a chauffeur to the port, all-inclusive dining and drinks, or included on-board gratuities – there are so many great reasons to book a cruise on one of Saga’s new ships, Spirit of Discovery and Spirit of Adventure. As a smaller, more personal cruise line, Saga takes care of the small details, from remembering your favourite drink at the bar, to getting to know you by name. It all adds up to the Saga boutique experience.
Saga river cruises
Setting sail in Spring 2021, Saga’s new purpose-built river ship offers a boutique cruising experience on Europe’s finest waterways. Spirit of the Rhine offers premium value for money with so much included in the price. From a VIP chauffeur service to collect you from your home; wine, beer and soft drinks at lunch and dinner; up to eight excursions to must-see attractions; included on-board gratuities, and so much more.
We’ve taken the concept of boutique hotels to a new level, by applying it to cruising. That’s what you can look forward to when cruising on our ocean liners, Spirit of Discovery and Spirit of Adventure, or our river ship Spirit of the Rhine. Every feature of our ships has been designed with you in mind, offering you a luxurious experience supported by our renowned high levels of personal service.
Smaller ships with big benefits
Spirit of Discovery will be joined by her sister Spirit of Adventure in Summer 2020. Together they are Britain’s newest small ships, offering all-inclusive drinks, a balcony for every guest, and a choice of free speciality restaurants. Sleek and sophisticated, these ships showcase all the high-end features you’d expect from larger cruise liners. With space for no more than 999 guests, our ocean cruises have a small-ship appeal and personal service that makes our cruises so special. Similarly, our river ship, Spirit of the Rhine signals a new era for river cruising with a maximum capacity of 190 guests.
First-class customer service
We pride ourselves on our high levels of service, from the moment you step on board. With one member of staff to every two passengers on our ocean liners, there’s enough of us to deliver genuine, attentive service throughout your time on board. Whether it’s remembering your name and favourite drink, or the nightly turn-down service, all these little touches add up to a memorable cruise experience. Plus, Saga’s superior service is always included at no extra charge, so you can relax and enjoy your cruise without the worry of who and when to tip.
Make the most of every destination with our Explore Ashore service. Part concierge, part tourist information hub, we can help you book from an extensive selection of excursions; plan bespoke outings from wine tastings to private tours; or equip you with a map and some local know-how before you head out on your own sightseeing adventure.
Door-to-door travel service
You can enjoy a hassle-free start and end to your holiday with our door-to-door travel service, included on all cruises. Our chauffeur service provides transport to and from your UK departure point and is available nationwide for river cruises and up to 250 miles from the port on ocean cruises.
If you prefer to fly, take the train or travel by coach, we’ll arrange complimentary travel tickets and transfers to and from the airport, port or station. Alternatively, if you choose to drive yourself, we can also arrange parking at no extra charge.
Life on board
When it comes to how you spend your time on board, it’s all about choice. Enjoy a range of fun activities and talks, pamper yourself in the spa, go for a swim, take in a show at the theatre, or simply relax in one of our bars and restaurants. Our cruise liners each have a selection of speciality restaurants to choose from, all of which are free-to-dine, with no extra supplements or surcharges to pay. Our single-seating dinner service means you can take your meals at a leisurely pace, without the need to vacate for the next seating. So you can feel free to indulge in as many courses as you wish, all expertly prepared by our team of talented chefs.
Saga’s price promise
We have some unmissable deals on offer, sometimes up to 35% off full fare if you book early. However, if you’re worried about booking too soon as you don’t want to miss out on a more attractive late deal, then be reassured. Our ocean Cruise Price Promise gives you complete peace of mind that if the price comes down after you’ve booked, we’ll work out how much you would have saved, and pass the value of the saving back to you.
Saga ocean cruise highlights
• First-class service – We pride ourselves on our high levels of service, from the moment you book your cruise. We’ll take care of all your pre-travel plans, from optional travel insurance and additional cancellation rights to tourist visas. Then, when the big day arrives, a chauffeur will meet you at home to take you to the port in style, where you’ll be greeted by our excellent onboard team. With one member of staff for every two guests, we’re committed to delivering first-class service throughout your trip. And with gratuities included, you won’t need to worry about who or when to tip.
• Life on board – Our ships may be small, but they’re packed with amenities to keep you as busy as you’d like to be. Treat yourself to a little pampering in the spa, work up a sweat in the gym, curl up in the library or take your seat in the cinema. When you’re ready to sit back and be entertained, why not head to one of the many live venues, where you can enjoy a jazz band, classical recital, guest speaker and cabaret show. And when the music inevitably gets your feet tapping, you can take to the dance floor.
• World-class dining – Deciding when and where to dine is all part of the Saga cruise experience. Both the Grand Dining Room and more informal Grill restaurant offer British and International cuisine at breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are also speciality restaurants available on board, at no extra cost. From Nepalese and Italian cuisine on Spirit of Adventure, to seafood and Eastern themed flavours on Spirit of Discovery. If you’re in the mood to watch live-music as you dine, there’s also a more light-hearted supper club venue. All this, including drinks, are included in the price, with no added supplements or charges.
• Luxury balcony cabins – Our luxurious cabins have been carefully designed as a haven to relax and enjoy your personal space. Each cabin has been styled to showcase the best in contemporary, yet classic British design. And in what is one of the ship’s most distinctive features, every cabin has a balcony, giving you your own outside space too. You’ll find fresh fruit and water, complimentary toiletries and fluffy bathrobes available in your cabin. Plus, there’s free 24-hour room service, which means you can dine-in or have drinks delivered whenever you choose, day or night.
• Value for money – We’re committed to offering you more for your money and making your cruise experience truly unforgettable. So, when you decide to join us aboard one of our beautiful boutique ships, you can expect more right from the start. From the included chauffeur service; unlimited luggage allowance; speciality meals and all-inclusive drinks; to free Wi-Fi and included on-board gratuities and service charges. All this and more, makes Saga cruises truly fantastic value.
Saga river cruise highlights
• Bringing boutique to the riverways – With her maiden voyage in 2021, our new purpose-built river ship offers a boutique cruising experience on Europe’s finest waterways. Spirit of the Rhine carries up to 190 passengers and offers premium value for money with so much included in the price. A chauffeur service from home; wine, beer and soft drinks at lunch and dinner; up to eight included excursions per cruise, on-board gratuities, Wi-Fi and more.
• Designed with you in mind – Spirit of the Rhine is a truly bespoke ship, utilising everything we’ve learnt over seven decades in the travel industry. Simply unpack once and enjoy everything your Saga cruise has to offer as you effortlessly glide to your next destination. Take in the ever-changing views from our large sun-deck at the top of the ship, where you can recline on a sun-lounger with a cold beverage, relax in the hot tub, take part in deck games or enjoy an alfresco barbecue. Other highlights on board include a panoramic indoor lounge and bar, two restaurants, a library and even a gym.
• Moor in the centre of the action – If you enjoy the gradual transition of beautiful scenery as you pass riverside towns and villages, with options to explore on land at regular intervals, then a river cruise is a great choice. For many centuries, rivers have been the lifeblood for growth of bustling communities, so you’ll find many of the most famous places in the world are situated near a river. This is truly the most ideal transport for exploring the heart of a city.
• A tour guide at your fingertips – Spirit of the Rhine is a ‘quiet ship’, meaning you’ll have minimal announcements and interruptions, unless you choose otherwise. We provide every guest with a free audio headset which you can use to listen to informative commentary as you’re cruising by. You can also take your headset ashore for independent sightseeing or to hear your guide during included excursions. Interactive maps are also available at selected ports, which brings a fun and easy way to see the sights at your own pace.
• Itineraries created by experts – Our holiday creators know the world’s waterways well, and love to create itineraries that combine the must-see sights with hidden gems they’ve discovered. Whilst Spirit of the Rhine, as her name suggests, sticks to the Rhine; we also offer chartered river cruises, exclusively for Saga guests, along the Danube, Seine and Volga, to name a few